Korg CA-50 Chromatic Tuner - features high-precision tuning functionality and a slim and compact design
A portable, pocket-sized tuning solution.
The CA-50: the standard tuner for orchestral instruments, now with even better visibility.
The CA-50 features high-precision tuning functionality and a slim and compact design. The new CA-50’s display is now, even easier to read. Long considered the standard in chromatic tuners, the CA-50 offers simple and intuitive operation and a satisfying tuning experience for every instrumentalist.
An even more readable display, with a larger note name indication.
A wide detection range supports tuning for any instrument.
The CA-50 features a detection range of A0 (27.50 Hz) to C8 (4186.01 Hz). For wind instruments from piccolo to tuba, or string instruments from violin to contrabass, you can tune band or orchestral instruments of any pitch range. A high-sensitivity mic is built in, allowing the note name to be detected accurately even without a contact mic. By using the separately sold CM-200 contact mic, you can tune with confidence that nearby sounds will not affect the result.
Calibration function is provided.
The calibration function supports a variety of concert pitches. It can be adjusted in 1 Hz units in the range 410–480 Hz, allowing flexible tuning that matches the song or key.
Marks provided to indicate pure major and minor third intervals
* When matching a pure major or minor third, the note to be adjusted will depend on the music that you're playing.
Sound Out mode is ideal for ear training
The “Sound Out” mode lets you listen to a reference tone emitted by the internal speaker, allowing you to tune by ear. A reference tone in the range of C4 (261.63 Hz) to C5 (523.25 Hz) can be output. You can check the pitch using both eye and ear, allowing you to tune more accurately, and also providing an ideal method of training your sense of pitch.
Dramatic increase in battery life.
The CA-50 can be used for approximately 135 hours (when using zinc-carbon batteries). When the remaining battery capacity runs low, the display shows an indicator, letting you know that it's time to replace the batteries.
Reduced stress when using the unit on a music stand.
Memory backup function and auto power-off function provided.
The memory backup function remembers the calibration and sound out mode settings even when the power is turned off. (Settings are initialized when you replace the batteries.) The auto power off function automatically turns off the power when 20 minutes have passed without sound being input.
Stylish body design with excellent functionality.
- Scale: 12 note equal temperament
- Detection Range (Sine wave): A0 (27.5Hz)–C8 (4186Hz)
- Reference Tone: C4 (261.63Hz)–C5 (523.25Hz) One octave
- Tuning Modes: Meter mode, Sound Out mode
- Calibration Range: A4 = 410Hz–480Hz (1Hz steps)
- Detection Accuracy: +/- 1 cent
- Sound Accuracy: +/- 1.5 cent
- Connectors: INPUT jack (1/4" monaural phone jack), OUTPUT jack (1/4" monaural phone jack)
- Internal Speaker: Dynamic Speaker (φ21mm)
- Power Supply: AAA battery (3.0 V) x 2
- Battery Life: Approximately 135 hours (zinc-carbon batteries, Meter mode, A4 continuous input)
- Dimensions (W x D x H): 100 mm x 67 mm x 17 mm / 3.94" x 2.64" x 0.67"
- Weight: 81 g / 2.86 oz. (including batteries)
- Included Items
- Two AAA batteries for verifying operation
- Accessories (sold separately): CM-300 Contact Microphone
* All products names and specification names are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners.
* Appearance and specifications of products are subject to change without notice.