‘Take it Away’ provides interest-free loans for musical instruments and equipment. It has now been extended so that anyone over 18 and based in England can apply to the scheme to spread the cost of buying a musical instrument. You can get a Take It Away interest free loan of between £100 and £5,000 *.
Spread the cost of a new instrument, music accessory and more over 9 or 18 months with 0% APR. The Take It Away scheme helps make the cost of music less daunting and more affordable.
Am I eligible?
All applicants must:
- Be over 18 years old, or buying an instrument for a child under 18
- Be a permanent UK resident
- Have a regular income that exceeds £5,000 per year
- Hold a bank or building society account capable of handling direct debit payments
Loans are subject to status and applicants are subject to credit checks. Terms and conditions apply.*
How much can I borrow?
- Between £100 and £5,000
How do the payments work?
Once you have chosen the goods and/or services you wish to purchase you can apply for the Take It Away scheme in-store or over the phone.
- Pay a 10% deposit upon being accepted and take away the instrument!
- Either pay 10% over 9 months or 5% over 18 months
The interest free loan is available over 9 months for loans between £100 and £2000 and over 18 months for loans between £800 and £5000.
Spread the cost of a Salvi Titan 38 String Harp in Natural Finish over 18 months with 0% APR.
- Instrument cost: £2,490
- Deposit: £249
- 18 monthly payments: £124.50
- Total after all repayments: £2,490 (0% APR)
Spread the cost of a Moeck Rottenburgh Alto Recorder in Grenadilla over 9 months with 0% APR.
- Instrument cost: £735
- Deposit: £73.50
- 9 monthly payments: £73.50
- Total after all repayments: £735 (0% APR)
About Take it Away
Take It Away is a fantastic initiative from Creative United, a not-for-profit Community Interest Company. Whether you are a professional musician or just starting out, making music can be tough financially. The cost of instruments and private lessons mean some people never discover the joy of learning and playing music. For disabled musicians who need adapted instruments, the problems can be particularly challenging.
Take it away work with the Arts Council England and the Arts Council of Northern Ireland to break down these barriers. A part of Creative United, a community interest company that drives economic growth and social impact in the arts and creative industries, we provide a range of subsidised and non-subsidised loans. These are designed to make learning, playing and participating in music more affordable and open to everyone. Together with our partners, we look to enable and inspire a life-long love of music.
Call us now on 01274 288100 to start your application process, or email firstname.lastname@example.org
* J Wood & Sons Ltd trading as the Early Music Shop is part of the Take It Away scheme and offers interest-free credit. Credit subject to status and affordability. Terms and Conditions Apply. J Wood & Sons Ltd is a credit broker authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Credit is provided by Omni Capital Retail Finance Ltd authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.