Bizzi Continuo Harpsichord (Previously Owned)
PO Ref. PO1141S
Bizzi Continuo Harpsichord (Previously Owned) 2x8' register with transposition A415/A440, buff stop, stand (Previously Owned). In excellent condition and fully serviced prior to delivery. Delivery available for an additional cost.
Spare strings are available from The Early Music Shop and sold separately on 10m coils. Please search our website for details of EMS Music Wire.
For more details about this or any other Previously Owned instruments at our Saltaire or Snape showrooms, please do not hesitate to contact us.
About the Bizzi Studio harpsichord when purchased new
Bizzi Continuo' harpsichord 2 x 8' stop. This inexpensive Italian harpsichord is designed according to typical XVII century Italian manufacturing principles. Designed to meet the requirements not only of schools and students but also of continuo performers, ensembles and Baroque orchestras. Its characterful sound, together with its small size and light weight, has made this one of the most popular models for those approaching the Baroque repertoire. Compass: G0 - E5, 58 notes
Delivered with tool box and spare parts.
- Compass: G 1 - E 5, 58 keys
- 2 x 8' independent stops
- Transposition 415 - 440 Hz
- Case and lid: mahogany, poplar and beech
- 3 beech legs screwed to the instrument, in style
- Soundboard: red resonance spruce from Val di Fiemme
- Soundboard wood grain: Fine
- Keyboard: spruce, Italian boxwood (diatonic keys) and ebony (chromatic keys)
- Jacks: pear wood with delrin or celcon plectra
- Tuning pins: forged iron, historical type, with hole
- Strings: red brass and yellow brass
- Brush painting in two colours or natural wood
- Rose: carved wood
- Dimensions: 185 x 85 x 20 cm
- Weight: 33 kg