Aquila Baroque Cello 4th/C Wound Gut String
- Type: Pure silver close wound
- Medium Gauge (equivalent gut): 3.80mm
- Light Gauge (equivalent gut): 3.60mm
- Heavy Gauge (equivalent gut): 3.90mm
- Aquila's Code: 53F/52F/54F
Aquila conceived their pure silver close wound (F) strings with the aim of recovering the typical materials and proportions of the wound strings in use in the 18th and 19th century (round wires, no silk between the metal wire and the gut-core). These wound strings are rather different from modern strings, with methods produced using historical sources and by taking measurements from many original string fragments in museums.