Recorder31 Day 8 | Young Players Competition
During Recorder31, we love to cater for players of all ages and abilities: this is a recorder event open to everyone! Today, we have a very special treat for the youngest players...
We're inviting young players aged 12 and under to record a clip of their playing: we've selected two tunes, from our Recorder for Beginners: The Tudor Way book. Simply send us your rendition for a chance to win an amazing prize!
Beginner: Click here to view/download the sheet music for 'Courtiers on the Tennis Court'.
Improving players: Click here to view/download the sheet music for 'Rigadoon'.
To enter, simply ask a parent or guardian to email your recording (video or audio) to email@example.com by next Monday 14 August!
Courtesy of our friends at Mollenhauer, we're delighted to offer an amazing prize: a brand new Mollenhauer Fipple soprano recorder in plastic and maple. These instruments have just been launched, and are a fantastic way for young players to take the next step in their recorder journey from a purely plastic instrument.
We have FOUR of these fantastic, colourful new instruments to give away, so get recording and share this competition with your friends!
As if that's not all, we'll also throw in a copy of Recorder for Beginners: The Tudor Way, our brand new recorder tutor book. Visit yesterday's Recorder31 blog to find out more about this exciting new book!
About the Mollenhauer Fipple soprano recorder
The child-friendly, high-quality combination of materials is a proven recipe for a successful start to making music. Robust, reliable and comfortable, with a curved windway, it offers a good response throughout the tonal range and balanced intonation. The elegant shape of the recorder’s beak and the sweeping design of the instrument open up a connection to baroque models right from the start.
The wooden body with a hand-finished, oiled surface ensures a pleasant feel and a beautiful sound.
The plastic head facilitates hygienic care by simply rinsing it with lukewarm water and letting it dry outside the bag.
The Sound of Recorder Music!
Each day this month we're highlighting an audio clip of a recorder from our extensive range. Today's competition prize of the Mollenhauer Fipple is a brand new model, which replaces this: the outgoing Prima soprano by Mollenhauer. This could be your last chance to own a new Prima model, as we have limited stock remaining! Listen to the clips below or follow this link to find out more about this instrument.
Van Eyck Nightingale:
Competition Terms & Conditions:
- Entries must be submitted by midday (BST) on Monday 14 August 2023.
- Recordings in both audio and video format are accepted.
- Winning entries may be shared by The Early Music Shop on social media and online at www.earlymusicshop.com. Parents/guardians will be contacted to ask for permission and they may choose at this point to refuse permission and/or request that an audio-only version is shared. Only first names will be shared when announcing the winners.
- For child protection reasons, recordings from unsuccessful entrants will be deleted from our system as soon as the competition is judged.
- The prize recorders are not able to be exchanged for any cash alternative or replacement prize. There are four prizes available and the decision about successful entrants is final.