Bizzi French Double Manual Harpsichord 'Goermans-Taskin' 2x8'+4' with Loius XV stand
French double manual harpsichord after 'Goermans-Taskin'. The original instruments upon which Bizzi has based his studies are amongst the most important known harpsichords. The “Goermans - Taskin” was originally a Flemish harpsichord that Taskin transformed (ravalement) into a great French instrument.
Its bright and sonorous voice makes it particularly suitable for a wide repertoire and for large concert halls. Compass: F0 - F5, 61 notes.
- Compass: F 1 - F 5, 61 keys
- 2x 8'+4' stops and buff stop
- Transposition 415 - 440 Hz
- Case and lid: poplar, fir and beech
- Six beech legs screwed to the instrument, Louis XVI style
- Soundboard: red resonance spruce from Val di Fiemme
- Soundboard wood grain: Extra Fine
- Keyboard: spruce, ebony (diatonic keys) and bone (chromatic keys)
- Jacks: pear wood with delrin or celcon plectra
- Tuning pins: forged iron, historical type, with hole
- Strings: red brass, yellow brass and ancient-type iron
- Brush painting in two colours
- Gold-leaf bands and mouldings
- Rose and hinges made of bronze casting
- Dimensions: 237 x 92 x 31 cm
- Weight: 65 kg
For more details about this or any other Bizzi Harpsichord in our showrooms, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tel: 01274 288100